Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jonesy Lou Lacquer: Winter 2013 Collection- Swatches & Review

Hey guys! wow, 4 days in a row huh? Am I doing awesome or what?! lol

Today I have a fairly new indie polish brand called Jonesy Lou Lacquer. Jessica, the creator of Jonesy Lou Lacquer sent me 4 of the 7 polishes that make up her Winter 2013 Collection. I haven't seen the rest of the polishes yet, but if what she sent me is any indication of what the rest of the collection will look like, than I'm excited for what's to come. 

Here's a list of what I got and their description:


  • Parhelion: a shimmering gold topper that glows in the dark in a bright aqua
  • A Star Is Born: sheer white jelly polish with gold hexes, micro glitters, and stars
  • The More The Merrier: red/ bright pink jelly with gold hexes and micro glitters
  • Baby It's Cold Outside:  a denim blue holo with a purple duochrome shimmer
Overall, the formula and application on these was great! None of them were goopy. They are pretty sheer, but I actually like that in certain polishes. There's a nice variety in this half of the collection so far. This collection will not be available until the beginning of December. But you can head over to her storefront by clicking here where she will have an awesome sale for black Friday weekend! 

Ok, lets get to the swatches shall we?

First up is Parhelion, 4 coats, no undies. I looked up parhelion and I found that a parhelion is an " atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun. It really looks awesome, and this polish definitely represents it very well. The gold shimmer against the white is beautiful, plus it glows in the dark. Actually, it also glows in the light. I started noticing how strong the glow was, because I was just in my room with the light on and when I would kinda cover it with my hand it would start glowing! And when I went to sleep last night, with the lights completely off, it was glowing so bright! I even had another GITD polish next to it, that can't even compare to Parhelion. 


Glow shot in the dark
Glow shot with the light of my room on and in front of my computer screen.  Look at the glow!


Next up is A Star Is Born, 4 coats, no undies. As you can see, this polish is pretty thin. When I saw it I was going to layer it over a base but I realized that it's really pretty and I didn't want to hide it. So I did it with naked nails and I'm happy I did because It looks awesome like this! It's just so heavenly or something, I don't know how to describe it. 



The More The Merrier, 4 coats, no undies. This one I also chose to wear with no undies, but it was really sheer. I wish it was more red than a bright pink. I mean its pretty, but I feel it can be more christmasy. I will layer it over a red to see what it looks like. Another thing I didn't like about this polish was the the golden hexes were too sparse and it was difficult adding a lot to the nail, that's why there's only a few on each nail.


And I saved the best for last, Baby, It's Cold Outside, 3 coats, no undies. I absolutely love this shade of blue, plus the holo, plus the purple duochrome made it that much better. It's just so pretty. I wish I could have captured the duochrome more. The formula and application was awesome.



I really liked these polishes, especially Baby, It's Cold Outside. You can purchase these at Jonesy Lou Lacuer's storefront by clicking here. You can follow Jonesy Lou Lacquer on instagram and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment