Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

B² Lacquer: Christmas and New Years Collection- Swatches & Review

Happy Thanks Giving! Hope you guys have a great holiday and eat lots of great food. I wanted to post this before I head on over to my family's house for thanksgiving dinner. I received B² Lacquers new Christmas and New Years Collection which consists of 8 new polishes; 2 glitter toppers, 2 crellies, 2 jelly's, 1 glow in the dark and one holographic polish. I really like this collection it has a great variety and the polishes are really well made.

Here's a list of each polish and its description:

  • Iceberg- Blue royal jelly with holographic glitter in different shapes and sizes like hexes, dots, squares and microglitter.
  • HO³- ''Ho Ho Ho'' white crelly with red and green circles, squares and microglitters: golden squares: white micro glitter and holographic hexes.
  • Holoberries- Holograpic polish. A cranberry wine holographic polish with a purple/blue shimmery dual chrome.
  • White Lights- White crelly with golden hexes, squares and microglitter.
  • Glitzy- A glitter topper with halo gold and silver glitters in shapes like dots, stars, squares and hexes.
  • Whoville- A glitter balm with neon glitters in different shapes and sizes with a mix of Christmas glitters.
  • Radioactive Snow- A glow in the dark iridescent topper with flakies, squares and hexes that shift from purple to blue in a purple shimmer and halo dust base.
  • Midnight- A black jelly with gold and silver halo glitters in various shapes and sizes including stars and dots.
The first swatch is of Iceberg. I did 3 thin coats, no undies. I absolutely love the royal blue base in this and i did not even have to flip the bottle over before applying because it is packed with glitter. You can layer this over a royal blue polish to do less coats because it is kind of sheer which is expected from a jelly polish but it definitely builds up nicely on its own.



The second swatch is of HO³. I did 3 thin coats, no undies. This is a perfect holiday polish. I love the pops of the red and green glitters. Application and formula were great.



The third swatch is Holoberries. 3 coats, no undies. I absolutely love this halo polish, the formula and application are flawless and the halo is very strong. I decided to do a little nail art since i thought it would look very pretty. I am probably going to wear this for thanksgiving dinner later today.



The next swatch is of White Lights. 3 thin coats, no undies. I am really loving the white and gold combination, I just think they go so well together. I did have a little bit of trouble with the formula on this one, I added a little bit of polish thinner and it worked well. Just make sure to do thin coats or you can ever layer it over a white base to do less coats.



The next swatch is Midnight. 3 thin coats, no undies. I love this black jelly polish the formula is amazing. I love the fact that there is gold glitters in there not only silver which is what most people do. This is one of my favorite ones from the collection.




Radioactive Snow. One thin coat over China Glaze Charmed I'm Sure. I really wanted to layer this over purple. This glow in the dark polish is so pretty. The blue and purple flakies really add a lot to the polish. Formula and application were great. 





Glitz. Two thin coats over Simple Colors Last Chance. Formula and application was great for this one as well. I didn't have to fish for any glitter because it was jam packed with it already. I decided to stay within the Christmas-y theme so I chose a green base and I like how it turned out. 




And the last one is Whoville. I did two thin coats over Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential. I decided to layer it over Nude in order to let the color show. I really like the fact that there is a lot of color in this polish. Formula and application were fine. 



Today is the last day to pre order this collection. Also, Mia is having a sale now through Cyber Monday. Most of her polishes are $7, even the halos and the glow in the dark polishes are on sale. You also get free shipping on orders over $50. Just use the code: FREESHIP50. 

You can follow Mia through her personal blog or her Instagram.
Make sure to like B² facebook page by clicking here. Remember you can preorder them at Mia's storefront from this Link.


No comments:

Post a Comment