Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Friday, October 4, 2013

B² Lacquer: #instafamily Collection plus LE polishes

Hey guys!

Today I have swatches for a new upcoming indie brand: B² made by Mia. Her new collection named #instafamily is now available for preorder at her store front by clicking here and will be shipped out October 14, 2013. I'm excited she chose me to do swatches for her new line!

Here is the #instafamily collection, plus 2 Limited Edition polishes(minis):



Here's a list of each polish with its *description(from left to right):
  • Tatas: It is a light pink crelly with scattered holo and a light dusting of gold shimmer
  • Fall Accessories: A white crelly with pink dots, yellow and violet squares, and orange hex glitters and tiny lavender flakies.
  • With all my heart: Jelly fuchsia with a golden red flakie shimmer.
  • All aboard: Scattered holographic teal crelly.
  • Purple unicorns: Scattered holographic purple crelly with a magical green shimmer.
  • Change the game: Holographic emerald green crelly.
  • #instafamily: Glitter topper with blue, green, and violet holo dot glitter, silver holo square glitter, and silver and blue holo hex glitter in a clear base.
*all descriptions taken from   store front.

All swatches topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl "fast drying and super shiny clear top coat" can be purchased at the following link for $6.95.

The following swatches are of the #instafamily collection.The first swatch is of All aboard: 3 coats and 1 coat of HK top coat. Application and formula were great.



With all my heart: 4 coats and 1 coat of HK top coat. The golden flakies of this polish are hard to capture so I had to take a zoomed side shot to really show the golden flakies. This polish is pretty sheer but it is expected since its a jelly, overall the formula and application are great, no complaints.




Purple unicorns: 3 coats and 1 coat of HK top coat. This one is probably my favorite from the #instafamily collection, the halo is so strong even though it doesn't look like it in the bottle. I do wish the green shimmer was a bit stronger since i feel like that color combination would look great but i still love it regardless. Formula and application were great.





you can't really see the halo in this picture but i wanted to show the green shimmer which you can see on the bottle and on my nails.

Change the game: 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat. Formula and application were amazing. I usually have to apply 3 coats but this one was done in 2. I really like it, its very pigmented and is a very bold green hence the gold shimmer with the halo is perfect.



#instafamily: 2 thin coats over Tatas. This polish is a glitter bomb! I love it so much, obviously because of the big circles. As you all know those are my favorite. Formula and application were great, I didn't have to fish for any of the circles.





The following 2 swatches are not included in the #instafamily collection but can be found in Mia's storefront.

Tatas: 4 coats and 1 HK top coat. The polish is actually very pretty with more of a warm tone but for some reason it was coming out much lighter than it really was and making my skin look much darker, especially around my cuticles. I don't think it goes well with my skin tone but I wish it did because it's so pretty.



This is a limited edition polish for the month of October Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 50% of sales will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc and more specifically to women that do not have insurance or the money to get mammograms that they need.

Fall accessories: 4 coats and 1 top coat. I love the glitter combination in this one, It totally does remind me of fall. Formula and application were great, just make sure to flip the bottle over for at least 10 minutes before application in order to get a variety of glitters.




Overall i love these polishes, it was a great collection, I feel like Mia is off to a great start with her new indie polish brand. The brand name is very unique and i love how she is just starting and already finding a way to help others. I'm very excited to see what she will be coming up with in the future.

You can follow Mia through her personal blog or her Instagram.
Make sure to like B² facebook page by clicking here. Remember you can preorder them at Mia's storefront from this Link.

Which one was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment