Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Monday, October 14, 2013

A Box, Indied: October Box- Swatches and Review

Hey guys!



I recently received the first box of a new US Indie Subscription Box: A Box, Indied. If you haven't heard about this, here's the info:


For the month of October, the theme is Halloween obviously. The polishes that are included in this box are:
  • Black Cat Lacquer - Came Back Haunted: a black jelly with shard glitter in purple, red, silver, and green and holo glitter
  • Ethereal Lacquers - Devoured: an oxblood linear holo with a purple color shift
  • Jindie Nails - Screaming Halloween: a mustard yellow polish with  a mix of off white, black and green crescents;off white, black and green stars; neon orange and green hexes and squares; yellow and black hexes; off white and black diamonds; fuchsia hexes; and various hints of micro shimmer
  • Lacquerlicious - No Tricks, Just Treats: a total GLITTER BOMB! Over 75 glitters were used to create this so no two bottles are the same! (so I'm not even gonna try to describe this lol)
  • Polish Me to Go - Luna Verde: glow in the dark neon green jelly with gold shimmer

They sound amazing right?! so let's get to the swatches:

First swatch is of Jindie Nails: Screaming Halloween, 3 coats. The formula is a little sheer, but it builds up. I really like this polish, though I have to say, I loved it more in the bottle. I don't think my skin tone and the mustered yellow go well together. But I really do like the glitter combo. I just wish it looked more Halloween-ish. 



The next swatch is of Black Cat Lacquer: Came Back Haunted, 4 coats. I don't know how I feel about this polish. I LOVE Black Cat Lacquer, it was my first ever indie polish brand and holds 2nd place for the largest collection in my polish stash, it's definitely one of my favorite indie brands, but I was in love with this polish. I think its because of the shards. I'm not a fan of them and I guess, I just haven't come across a polish that uses them really well. I think another reason why I wasn't a huge fan was because it didn't really remind me of Halloween all that much either. The formula and application were amazing like always though and it has holo!



Next swatch is of Ethereal Lacquers - Devoured, 3 coats. OMG! I love this polish! To be honest, I wasn't too excited about this one because it was just a holo, which I love, but I guess I'm more of a glitter kinda gal lol, and also because it didn't scream Halloween to me either. But once I put it on, OMG, it's beautiful and the color is perfect for Halloween. It's more of a classic take on Halloween.

It's not as dark, but I love how the holo looks in this one.



Next swatch is of Polish Me to Go - Luna Verde, 4 coats and no undies. I was going to layer this over white but I totally forgot lol. But its  still so bright! I had heard bad things about the formula but I didn't have any issues with it, just always make sure that you do thin coats. The golden shimmer was a nice detail. I know the name of this is Luna Verde which means Green Moon, but this honestly reminds me more of what you would find in a Witch's Cauldron lol, pretty cool.






And the last swatch is of Lacquerlicious - No Tricks, Just Treats, 1 coat. I layered this over PMTG: Luna Verde and I love it. Application and formula are great. I think this is my favorite out of the 5, I totally see Halloween when I wear this glitter topper and I totally see myself using this a lot. Love it (:





Yeah I know, lots of pictures but I couldn't choose. Anyways, I think there's still some boxes left so you better hurry, just click here and buy one, or two! 

I'm so excited for this subscription box. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I wish they did a Disney themed box or something cause I'm a huge Disney fan. I don't know how I feel about being able to see the polishes and swatches of them before hand. In a way I like it because I can choose to cancel if I don't like them, but I don't really see myself doing that, as the polishes are exclusive to the box and that's a plus to an indie polish fanatic like me, especially with these brands. But also being able to see the swatches before hand leaves no surprise and that kinda sucks but I don't know, I guess I won't make my mind up until I see more boxes.

Hope you guys like my swatches, which one is your favorite??

No comments:

Post a Comment