Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Summer Lovin' - Neon Dry Marble Nail Art Plus Tutorial

Hey guys! How's every one's week going? I hope it's going great! Mine is ok, so far it's just work but I'm excited to share with you guys that I have been invited to join a new blogger group called Twinsie Tuesday where every Tuesday, a group of nail bloggers post every Tuesday with a pre-determined theme. This is all very exciting for me because I usually just fly solo when blogging, but now I'm part of a group with a bunch of lovely gals ( did I really just use the word gals?? lol). This week's theme is Summer Lovin' so check out what I did down below!



So when I thought about Summer Lovin' I automatically thought about Grease lol but that's too hard for me to do. So then I just thought about summer, and of course palm trees, and beaches came to mind. But then I thought neons! Neons are so in during the summer and it worked out perfectly cause I was already doing a neon mani to post on instagram. I really loved how my dry watermarble came out, but since I only did it on two of my nails, I decided to do a full mani with it. I even have a pictorial for you!




I absolutely love this technique! It is perfect for summer! It kinda has a tie dye look to it! And what's best is that it's super easy to do! And all you need to make this is a plastic baggie, like a Ziploc bag...and of course the neon polishes.

Here's what I used:


 <-- Colors used are: 
Island girl Aloha Color, Color Club Chelsea Girl and Poptastic

Pre-cut baggie squares ---->









First, what you want to do is apply a base coat. Then, apply a white base coat to help the neon really pop:


Then, once you have everything ready, like your pre-cut squares, make sure to have all your bottles open to easily apply drops of each polish. Make sure to let the white base dry completely though!

Apply drops of polish randomly on your nail, they can overlap if you want.


Then quickly grab your square and gently place it on top of your nail like so:

Sorry about the glare

Then gently dab your nail on top of the plastic to gently spread out the polish. Don't over due it though or else it'll mix too much and then you won't be able to tell the colors apart. Then gently lift the baggie to see your design:


As you can see, mine has more blue because the polish I put on top was blue, so apply it according to what color you want to show more. Also, as you can see, some of the white can be seen but you can easily fix that. What I do is use the same brush that comes with the polish and try to remove as much polish that I can from the brush. And then gently dab the brush along the exposed white base. 


This time I chose to cover it with pink because there isn't much on my nail.


So what do you guys think? I hope you guys like it! Here's the full mani again:



I really hope you guys enjoyed my frist Twinsie Tuesday post! Stay tuned for some Jindie Nails spam tomorrow, but in the meanwhile, check out what the rest of the girls did for this weeks prompt below.

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-less
Stephanie at A Little Polish


20 comments:

  1. Wow! So much neon! So much rainbow! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I'm going to have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group hun!! Love this look! I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Do it, I'm sure it'll look great on you!

      Delete
  4. OH my gosh, these are so amazing! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah!!!! These are great!!! So happy to have you in our little group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun and bright! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted them to be super bright so neons were perfect. Thanks Lisa!

      Delete
  7. soooo awesome! and so perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors you used are absolutely amazing! I love a good dry marble mani. Welcome to TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They worked out perfectly together. And yeah, I love a dry marble mani, they're so easy to do!

      Delete
  9. omgoodness these are AWESOME!!!! I love them! so so so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so amazing!!! I've got to try this!

    ReplyDelete