Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Sassy Cats Lacquer: Swatches & Review

Hey guys! I can't believe it's going to be Friday again! Doesn't the week go buy so fast?! This week has instantly been made better because of Lana Del Rey's new album: Ultraviolence. I absolutely love it! It honestly makes an hour of driving in traffic not that bad lol. Anyways, today I have a new indie brand called Sassy Cats Lacquer. I don't have a specific collection, it's a bunch of random ones but there's something for everyone I think cause there's holos, jellies, thermals, and shimmers. Check out the swatches below!


This post is pretty picture heavy so sorry about that! It's hard just choosing one picture for each polish, you guys understand!  For some reason, most of these polishes are pretty sheer and have a jelly base. they still built up to full coverage but it took a few more coats then usual.

I Pink I'm Purple. 4 coats. This is a thermal polish that turns purple when cold, and pink when warm, with a pink shimmer through out. I really like this thermal polish. Pink and purple go so well together so there really is nothing to complain about this polish. Well, I don't like that I need that many coats for full coverage, but it's not that big of a deal. The good thing is that it didn't pull and get bald spots.






Roses Are Gold. 3 coats. This is a light pink mauve with golden frost, golden shimmer, and fuchsia shimmer through out. This is part of the Majestic Collection. Roses Are Gold is so pretty and girly! I like the shimmer in it. It was pretty sheer too but it built up nicely.



Mocking Jay. 3 coats. This is a sheer light blue linear holo graphic polish with a  slight shimmer through out. This is part of the Quarter Quell (Catching Fire) Collection. This is so pretty! I wish the sun was out to capture the holo in this, it's pretty strong. I really like it.



Blood Rain. 4 coats. This is a light pink nude with linear holographic through out and fuchsia shimmer. This is also part of the Quarter Quell (Catching Fire) Collection. OMG! I think this is my favorite out of the nine that I'm swatching today. It's just so pretty. It's weird cause it's almost like it's clear, but it's actually a nude leaning pink. It's really unique. Again, this was pretty sheer.



Bella Mabella. 5 coats. This is a really sheer blue jelly with lime green, mint, grey and silver hexes in different sizes all in a blue shimmer. This is part of the IG Girls Collection. This is extremely sheer. I suggest wearing an undie with this because though I was able to get almost full coverage with it, it would have been destroyed easily cause it was so thick. I love the glitter combination of this but I'm not sure about the base color. The blue is pretty but it's kind of like a frost so it's kind of streaky.



Mermaid Grotto. 3 coats. This is a slight textured polish with green, blue, turquoise micro glitter. This is part of the Fantasy Collection. OMG! Any polish that reminds me of mermaids is always a favorite in y book. I don't know why I'm obsessed with mermaid nail polish. This one is so pretty! The green and the blue go so well together. And I love that I was able to get full coverage with only a few coats. 




HoneyDew.  3 coats.This is a thermal polish that's mint when cold and when warm with green shimmer throughout. This is part of the Summer Sorbet Collection. I think this polish is so cute! I love the color! I love the green shimmer!  I'm not sure what those little green dots are though, you can see them in the bottle too. I think it might be the pigmentation and it just wasn't mixed well. The application was great.




Rubies To Riches. 2 coats. This is a red frost with bronze undertones. It also has micro holo glitter through out. This was really opaque and had  a really good formula. I only needed two coats! I'm not a huge fan of frost polishes so I probably won't be using this one much.



SCL Prototype. 1 coat over Sally Hansen Pacific Blue. This is a glitter polish with blue and pink micro glitter in a clear base. I really liked wearing this glitter topper over this blue. They go perfect together. I'm pretty sure you can get full coverage with this glitter polish. 



You can purchase these here. Plus, follow Sassy Cats Lacquer on Instagram and Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. These are so nice. I'm really liking the holographic shades.

    ReplyDelete