Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

China Glaze: Off Shore- Stoked To Be Soaked - Swatches, Review, & Nail Art

Hey guys! How's every one's weekend going to far? I hope it's great! I have just been watching Orange Is The New Black all day, it's so good! Who else is watching it?! Anyways, today I have the long overdue Part 2 of the China Glaze Off Shore Collection called Stoked To Be Soaked. This half of the collection consists of 6 new polishes in green, yellow, orange, and reds. Check out the swatches below!



Shore Enuff. 3 coats. This is a gorgeous bright green polish. It's very similar to OPI's You're So Outta Lime, just slightly darker. The formula was a bit too runny for me, so be  careful when you apply it so you don't flood your cuticles. Also, I don't think this is a creme, but it's not a jelly either. Yeah it's one of those weird ones lol.  I really like this color, but if you already bought the OPI polish, then you don't need this one. 




Be More Pacific. 3 coats. This is a light green polish, that also isn't a full on creme, nor a jelly... so a crelly? But I thought a crelly was a polish with a creme base and glitters in it...IDK anymore lol. This one also reminds me of an OPI polish from their non collection called Life Gave Me Lemons. It's not an exact dupe cause Be More Pacific  is way lighter. I really like this one! Greens are already my favorite, so this wasn't hard to like. The formula wasn't super wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either, it's definitely manageable. 




Sun Upon My Skin. 3 coats. This is a light yellow creme creme. I really like this polish! I love how light it is and it's not in your face yellow.But I'm pretty sure I have something like it, or super similar. For a yellow, the formula surprisingly wasn't that bad. It was a bit streaky in the first coats but it evened out. Also, I tried to capture this as accurate as possible but it was so hard to capture, so sorry!

This shows how light it is but it keeps coming off not as yellow, It has warmer undertones. 
This shows how "more yellow" it is, but it's not as bright

If In Doubt, Surf It Out. 3 coats. This is a leaning orange, light peach polish. I love it! This is also a creme/jelly hybrid. It's so pretty! The formula was a bit streaky at first but it evened out with the third coat. I hate how it looks on me for some reason. It just makes my hands look really dark, but with no color. I don't know if that makes sense. Like they just look greyed out if that makes sense.



Stoked To Be Soaked. 2 coats.This is a bright orange creme. Can I just say that I love the fact that they included TWO orange polishes in this collection!? They sometimes don't even include one, so that was pretty nice to see. Also, the formula was amazing! I only needed two coats and I had no staining at all, and I wore it for a while cause I did some nail art over it. It does kind of remind me of OPI Juice Bar Hopping but I feel like Stoked To Be Soaked isn't as bright, but it has a way better formula.



Seas The Day. 2 coats. This is a bright red creme polish. Another polish with an amazing formula. I only did two coats and it left no staining at all. And it's super shiny, even without a topcoat! It's a pretty red but it's not all that unique to be honest.



Overall, I really liked this collection. It just looks so pretty when you line them up together cause it's a rainbow! But the colors are definitely not that unique. I probably have some dupes in my polish stash for this collection. I definitely recommend this collection for some one who is just starting out and needs a good variety of polishes. The formula and application for these is pretty descent, some of them you have to work more, but it's manageable.  
And here's some nail art I did using some of these polishes:

I first did sponged on Sun Upon My Skin, Stoked To Be Soaked, and If In Doubt, Surf It Out and I got this:


I really like it, but I thought it looked kinda plain so...

I then added some Laquerlicious' Crazy Daisies, a beautiful glitter topper ( You can purchase it here): 






And then, I've been seeing Jessica from @b_jessica_3  on Instagram use a dragging technique and it looks so awesome! I finally was able to buy a thin enough brush...but it was too thin! ): So I didn't really like how mine turned out, but I still had to post it.



And of course I had to do a watermarble! It didn't come out as I had hoped, I wanted it to be more rainbow-y. It's still really colorful, but I had some trouble with it. I gotta practice more. I didn't use Sun Upon My Skin cause it sucked for watermarbling. I used a Sally Hansen instead.


I hope you guys like it! 

So what did you guys think of this collection?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post and I love your water marble. I have a few from this collection and like them so much I'm considering buying the rest - which is how I came to stumble on your blog - was googling swatches. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete