Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

OPI: Coca-Cola Collection - Swatches & Review

Hey guys! Happy Saturday! The weekend is here again. I have so much to do this weekend, go to the post office, finish swatching, clean my room...My room is always a mess by the end of the week, does that happen to you? Anyways, today I have the new OPI Coca-Cola Collection to share. I've actually had this for a while, about 3 weeks I think but I fell behind on my swatches so I wasn't able to get to them til now. 


When I first heard of this collection, I thought to myself  "A collection about soda??" lol I just didn't understand what they could possibly make about that, especially when there's way cooler stuff to be inspired. But when I saw pictures of them I thought it was pretty cool, nothing spectacular you know. But now that I swatched them, I'm actually really loving them. They're not the most unique colors, but they're really pretty.

This collection consists of 9 new polishes, each inspired by a different Coca-Cola beverage. Apparently the polishes vary depending on where you're located. In Europe they don't have Orange You Fantastic! but they have Orange You Stylish! which you can see swatches of here. They also have Turn On The Haute Light instead of My Signature Is "DC" but apparently it's the same thing.


You're So Vanilla. 2 coats. This is a light beige nude creme inspired by Vanilla Coke. When you look at this you don't really think twice about it, but when you put it on, it's really pretty! It's a perfect nude. I wasn't able to capture the correct color, it's way more beige than it's coming out. Also the formula was amazing, a bit streaky on the first coat, but I got complete coverage by the second coat.



Orange You Fantastic! 2 coats. This is a sheer orange glitter polish with red, gold, and silver hexes in different sizes. Inspired by Orange Fanta. I love this one! It's very interesting and I love the fact that it's an orange polish. I don't have anything like it in my collection. It is pretty sheer, but you can get full opacity on it's own. I wore it over some nail art I did using the China Glaze Off Shore collection where I used the drag method, click here to see. I also noticed that it had a bit of a textured finish like Blush Hour from the previous OPI Spotlight On Glitter collection. 


one coat
The rest are two coats:







Coca-Cola Red. 2 coats. This is a classic red creme inspired by Coca-Cola. It's really pretty, but nothing really unique about it. It did stain a teensy bit, but nothing major. The application was flawless though. I couldn't capture it though! It's coming out way more red-orange than it is. 



Sorry I'm Fizzy Today. 3 coats. This is a salmon pink with a hint of peach creme inspired by Vanilla Coke. I suck at describing colors. But I honestly think of salmon pink when I look at this. But it also has some peachy tones to it. I really like it. I'll have to check if I have any dupes. The formula was flawless!



Got Cherried Away. 2 coats. This is a semi dark magenta creme inspired by Cherry Coke. This is so pretty! I'm always attracted to pinks like this...but is it a pink or a purple?? I don't know. lol The formula was prefect though!



A Grape Affair. 2 coats. This is a dark purple creme inspired by Grape Fanta. I love this color so much! I just love purples, especially when the formula is this great. I could have probably just done one coat.



Green On The Runway. 2 coats. This is a duo chrome that goes from green to brown with hints of red inspired by Sprite  I love this one too! The duo chrome isn't crazy noticeable but the green is so pretty! I really like it. It's a bit sheer in the first coat but it builds up quite nicely.







Today I Accomplished Zero. 2 coats, no undies. This is a black jelly with reddish pink glitter inspired by Coke Zero. This one was really interesting to me when I saw the promo pictures. Now that I'm wearing it, it's not something I'm gong crazy for, but I still like it. I thought it was going to be super sheer but I got full coverage with just 2 coats. 




My Signature Is "DC". 2 coats. This is a silver foil inspired by Diet Coke. I'm not a huge fan of these silver polishes but I don't know why I really like this one. The formula was fantastic, I could have used only one coat. I think I might use this for silver glitter gradients or something. 



Overall, I liked this collection. It has something for everyone, especially those creme lovers. The cremes in this collection are to die for. The formula is just great! I like that there was a nice variety. There's definitely something here that I'm sure you don't have in your collection.

What do you guys think?

9 comments:

  1. Awesome swatches! They look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great great swatches! Sprite totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! I love sprite...and this sprite polish too!

      Delete
  3. I like some of these a lot! The, Vanilla Coke nude one is surprisingly my favorite. Great swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one! It didn't really grab my attention at first but when I wore it, I really liked it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad you do Leah! Will you be picking any of these up?

      Delete
  5. I think this collection is just so much fun! I am a die-hard Diet Coke fan, so of course I had to pick up "My Signature is D.C." I also found myself obsessed with "You're So Vain-illa" (I have a white/off-white polish obsession), so I got that one as well. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete