Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Proper Polish: Spring Into Summer Collection- Swatches & Review

Hey guys! I have another post today! This one is pretty picture heavy, so stay with me! I have a new indie brand called Proper Polish. Michelle, the creator of Proper Polish has some really awesome glitter combinations, thermals, and glow in the dark polishes! So check out her polishes down below!

The new Spring Into Summer (I love that name, It's very creative) consists of 9 new polishes: crellies, jellies, glitter toppers, and thermals. This collection is being released today at 10 am! You will get 10% off your order if you use the code VELVET at checkout, click here to purchase!

Wading Pool. 3 coats. This is a lavender with grey undertones jelly with white, fuchsia, and blue glitters in different shapes and sizes and blue shimmer through out. This choice of lavender is very interesting. It's not a full on lavender, its darker, and it also kind of look grey-ish. This was pretty sheer, but I got full coverage with 3 coats. ( I swatched this polish on my right hand, that's why my nails are longer in these two pictures)





Morning Dew. 4 coats. This is a light green shimmer jelly with rainbow glitter in different shapes and sizes. I really liked this when I put it on. The green really lets the different colored glitters pop out. It is kinda sheer, but I didn't really mind.






Scorcher! 3 coats. This is a yellow with red, orange, and white glitter in different shapes and sizes and yellow shimmer through out it. I really like these yellow jellies. I don't have many of them in my collection. The glitter combination is so pretty. Plus this glows in the dark! I wasn't able to capture a god picture of this polish in the dark for some reason. I even charged it under my black light for a while but my camera still wouldn't capture it.




Sand In My Sunblock. 3 coats. This is a white crelly with bronze, orange, green, mint, and turquoise glitters in different shapes and sizes with a light silver shimmer throughout. This also glows a bright blue in the dark. I love white crellies. This one felt a bit more fall than spring or summer. But I understand the glitter combination because of the name, which made me giggle a bit when I realized the connection. This was a bit thick when applying it, but it wasn't too much of a hassle. Also, the glitters were a bit sparse, even after flipping the bottle over for a bit. 






Glitter Garden. 4 coats. This is a sheer brown jelly packed with glitters in different colors, shapes, and sizes. This is a very interesting polish, the glitter combo is so pretty! It's super colorful, especially against that base, it's like a nude jelly polish. It's super sheer though so I definitely recommend wearing this over something. 





Fling. 4 coats. This is a sheer pink jelly with fuchsia hexes, silver micro glitter, and heart glitter with blue shimmer through out. This one is so girly! It's really cute. I definitely recommend layering this over something because it was really sheer. The hearts aren't too big, but they're different from the other heart glitter I've seen in other indies. These hearts are slightly curved in from the bottom so they don' lay flat.






Honey Suckle. 2 coats. This is a sheer light pink jelly with large golden holo hexes, micro silver, green, and glitter. OMG! I love this one! To be honest, it didn't really catch my attention at first, but once I put it on, I thought it was so pretty! The glitter combination is just gorgeous. I thought it was going to be super sheer, but with all that glitter, it really built up nicely.





Midnight Sky. 3 coats. This is a black jelly with silver hexes and silver stars with blue shimmer through out. This is so pretty! The black jelly with the blue shimmer is a lot more noticeable in person. The only thing I really didn't like about this is that the stars don't lay flat. They're kind of curved from one side so if you place it on your nails with that side up, it really sticks out.




I know this one is a bit blurry, but you can really see the blue shimmer.

Violets Are Blue. 4 coats. This is a thermal polish that goes from purple when cold, to blue when warm. This also has white, turquoise, blue, and black glitters in different shapes and sizes. I really liked the transition from the thermal change. But again it was pretty sheer. I did flip this over before applying it but I still didn't get that many glitters on my brush. They're a little to sparse for my liking.












 This collection is being released today at 10 am! You will get 10% off your order if you use the code VELVET at checkout, click here to purchase!

The next two polishes are available for purchse already because they aren't part of the Spring Into Summer Collection:

Hybrid X. 3 coats. This is a thermal polish that goes from sky blue when warm to indigo when cold. It has pastel hexes, silver micro glitter, and black glitter in different shapes and sizes with blue shimmer through out. I don't know why, but I love pastel glitters with black glitter. I think they go so well together. 








This is a bit darker than the actual polish, but I love how the glitters look in this one.

Green Goddess. 5 coats. This is a sheer green polish wth dark and light turquoise glitters in different shapes and sizes with golden shimmer throughut. I love this polsih! This shde of green is so pretty, especially with those turquoise glitters.  I wish it had more glitter so it isn't so sparse though. It was a bit runny so be careful when applying. 





Overall, I really liked this collection. It has some really interesting polishes that you don't normally see for a summer collection. I wish they weren't so sheer though. I know I can just layer it over something else but I usually don't like going through all of those steps. Again, the Spring Into Summer collection is being released today at 10 am! You will get 10% off your order if you use the code VELVET at checkout, click here to purchase! You can follow Proper Polish on facebook and instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment