Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Orly: Baked Collection For Summer 2014- Swatches, Review, & Nail Art

Hey guys! I have another Summer collection for you guys! This time, it's Orly's Baked Collection. Let me tell you, I'm definitely loving this collection so far. I think Summer is definitely my favorite time of year for nail polish collections. I love bright colors, and this collection is perfect! The colors are bright, there's shimmer, glitter, and they all have an amazing formula! Check out the swatches below!



Now before we look at the swatches, just wanted to let you guys know that this is my left hand, so my nails are usually pretty short on this hand. And they're super short in these pictures cause I recently broke my pinky nail so I cut them. So sorry about the nubbins!

Anyways...

This collection consists of 6 new polishes. All of these had a great formula! I mostly used 2 coats for each polish. I did swatch them over white because I wanted them to look really bright, but I also tried them on without a white base coat to see if they were just as bright and there was only a slight difference on each. This collection should be available now.

Saturated. 2 coats. This is a dark, but bright purple jelly. It was slightly streaky over the white base at first, but I got full coverage on the second coat. This fits it's name perfectly because it is super saturated! But no staining at all. I wouldn't say this is a neon, but it was definitely bright over the white. It was a bit darker with no white base coat. Still LOVE it though!




Hot Tropics. 2 coats. This is a neon light purple with pink undertones and silver shimmer throughout. I love this one! It's very unique. This type of pink/purple is so pretty, especially with the silver shimmer. The formula was amazing! This looks slightly darker with no white base coat, but not really a huge difference. I have it here with a white base coat.




Neon Heat. 2 coats. This is a neon pink creme. This has a consistency of a creme, but a jelly as well. The formula is amazing and super glossy which is surprising for a neon. I love this one as well! It's not the most unique pink ever, but if you don't have a neon pink yet, you need this! It's definitely more neon-y with the white base coat, but it's still pretty bright without it.




Ablaze. 2 coats. This is an orange coral neon with golden shimmer through out. This one was so hard to photograph! It would either be too dark orange, or too yellow! It's almost like a koi orange, or what a dark peachy neon would look like lol, I don't know if that makes sense. The golden shimmer is pretty visible on your nails, I was just not able to capture it as much because the orange was so bright! This is definitely one of my favorites from the collection! It's really unique, at least for me. It was still pretty bright without the white base coat, but the white base coat definitely gave it a more neon feel to it.




Tropical Pop. 2 coats. This is a neon orange with yellow undertones. This is not the most unique color, but it's still very pretty. I think I probably have something like this in my collection, or at least, really close to it. This is the only one that gave me issues with application and formula, and even then it wasn't really that big of a deal. It dries matte and kinda fast so I had to do thinner coats so it wouldn't pull, but I think that's just me not waiting for my coats to dry lol. A top coat smoothed it out though. This is really bright, especially with the white base coat. But I really didn't see a difference without the white base coat either.



Lush. 3 coats. This is a sheer neon light green with yellow undertones with light green micro glitter and holographic bars. This is pretty interesting. I gotta admit, I wasn't looking forward to this at all, but once I put it on, I actually really liked it! It is pretty sheer, but since I have nubbins right now, it wasn't really a problem for me. But if you have really long nails, it'll probably be too sheer, or you'll need lots of coats. I swatched it with no undies and over OPI Life Gave Me Lemons to show you what it looks like. This is the only polish in this collection that I had to use more than 2 coats for! I didn't really have issues with the formula, it was slightly runny, but nothing unmanageable. 


without undies


Over OPI Life Gave Me Lemons

Over OPI Life Gave Me Lemons
And here's the second theme for Jamy's & Lucy's Monthly Random Nail Art Challenge #randomnailartmay:



Dry Brush. I've actually never done this technique. It's pretty easy, though I'm kinda worried cause I think I made it look too messy. 




I didn't use Lush because I didn't think it would mix well, so I just used the bottle for the picture. I really like how the shimmer from Ablaze and Hot Tropics adds some detail to it. 



Overall, I'm actually quite impressed with Orly. I rarely look forward to Orly collections, not that I was looking forward to this one all that much, but that was mostly I hadn't really heard much about it. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for their collections now. Especially because the formula was amazing on all of them even though they were super bright! And I thought I was for sure going to get some staining on my nails, and nope! All clear! I definitely recommend this collection. What did you guys think about this collection?

2 comments: