Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Neutral

Hey guys! It's Tuesday again which calls for another Twinsie Tuesday post! This week's theme is neutral. So check out what I did down below!


I wasn't sure what to do with this one. At first, I had decided to do a glitter gradient. I really love glitter gradients over a nice nude, they have such a classic look. But I ended up doing a neutral ombre instead. It looks super easy to do, which I guess it is cause you're just painting your nails different colors, but choosing the colors is the hard part. I had so much trouble finding the perfect ombre. I still really liked how it came out though!

sorry about those lines, it's actually the glare from the light.

I ended using Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, Taupe-less Beach, I São Paulo Over There, and You Don't Know Jacques! (in that order in the picture), all by OPI!


I was initially going for more of a brown neutral but I just couldn't find the right ombre. There are so many different tones of brown, like browns with pink undertones, or with red or orange undertones. I mean one would be lighter then the next, but just not in the same tone.



So instead I ended up doing more of a taupe neutral ombre. It worked out perfectly cause I remembered that the recent Brazilian collection had a perfect ombre trio. So I just had to find the last one. You Don't Know Jacques! looks a lot more brown in the pictures then IRL.



I hope you guys like it! It's super easy to do and it looks great. It's a nice alternative to neutral nails. Make sure to check out what the rest of the girls did down below.

Aliana at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Lisa at Polish Playground
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-less
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision
Traci at DrinkCitra

4 comments: