Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

CDB Lacquer: Colors Of The Wind Collection- Swatches & Review

Hey guys! Ready for another collection? This time I'm swatching another collection by CDB Lacquer. It's called Colors Of The Wind and it's inspired by Native American culture. I was super excited to swatch it cause it's beautiful! Check out all the lovely colors down below!


The Colors Of The Wind collection is inspired by Native American culture, and it perfectly captures it! The Colors Of The Wind collection consists of 7 polishes ranging from holos, to shimmers, to crellies. There's a great variety and options to choose from. It's being released this Friday, September 26th, click here to purchase. 

Warrior Spirit is a rich red shimmer with scattered holo. I used 2 coats for the picture below. This red is so rich and went on very smoothly.  It's so pretty! 


Mother Earth is a tan jelly polish with red shimmer and scattered holo, I used 3 coats for the picture below. I gotta say, this wasn't calling my name too much in the bottle cause the color doesn't pop compared to the others in this collection, but once I put it on, the holo and that red shimmer made it so beautiful. This is definitely one of my favorites from this collection! It was a bit sheer on the first coat but it built up nicely.  Sorry I couldn't capture the red shimmer but it's way stronger IRL.



Hidden Oak is a rich green jelly shimmer with scattered holo. I used 3 coats for the picture below. This is another one of my favorites from this collection. I'm a sucker for greens , especially if you add holo. This shade of green is on the darker side but it's so vibrant. It's also a bit sheer on the first coat, but it built up wonderfully. I had no issues with it. 



Sacred Sun is a pink shimmer polish with a very strong golden shimmer and scattered holo. I used 3 coats for the pictures below. The golden shimmer is so strong in this polish, I love it! I didn't even notice the scattered holo, it's a nice touch. The formula and application was great! 



Sunset Berries is a dark plum jelly shimmer with scattered holo. I used 3 coats for the picture below. Again, this is a favorite of mine. I'm a huge fan of purples, and this one is no different. The formula and application was good, I did experience some bold spots but it evened out with the second coat. 



Tranquility is a light nude jelly with scattered holo. I used 4 coats for the picture below. I could have used 3 coats if my nails were shorter. I think I would've liked this one more if it looked better with my skin tone. It's still so lovely with the scattered holo. It was just a tad bit runny so apply it in thin layers to prevent getting it on your cuticles. 


Pure Soul is a turquoise base jelly polish with gold and dark brown flakes. I used 3 coats for the pictures below. This is definitely my favorite out of the collection. The base color is spot on, and the glitters are so pretty and go great together. The formula and application was super easy and smooth. 





Overall, I really really liked this collection. There are so many great options to choose from. The scattered holo really adds a nice touch to the usual fall colors. My favorites are definetly Hidden Oak and Pure Soul.  Again, this collection is being released this Friday, September 26th! You can purchase it here. Make sure to follow CDB Lacquer on Instagram and Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Man you swatches are amazing! I particularly like the macro/close up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad you enjoyed them :)
    -Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete