Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cinema Swatch Lacquer: The Notebook Collection- Swatches & Review

Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you guys had a great day yesterday!

Today I have an awesome collection by Cinema Swatch Lacquer inspired by The Notebook. And it's as awesome as it sounds. Cinema Swatch Lacquer is a fairly new indie polish brand but they do what I always wanted indie polish brands to do, make collections based on movies! So far, Cinema Swatch Lacquer has done collections based on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Wizard Of Oz, and Zombieland just to name a few. And the formula has been great which is always important.

The Notebook collection consists of 6 polishes:

  • All Of You, Forever: Light pink crelly with red and fuchsia micro glitter and fuchsia shimmer.
  • Broken: Black jelly with fuchsia micro glitter, orange flakies and large red hearts.
  • You Wrote Me?: Pearly white polish with silver micro glitter and blue flakies.
  • Get In The Water: Blue teal with turquoise shimmer and hexes.
  • If You're A Bird I'm A Bird: Cherry red base with red silver and fuchsia micro glitter.
  • Where Home Is: Blue jelly packed with blue flecks.
All Of Your, Forever: 3 coats. This is my second favorite from this collection. I have a lot of pink polishes but I don't have anything like this. The fuchsia shimmer is a nice touch and the glitter combination is just so pretty. Formula and application was great.





Broken: 2 coats. I thought I was going to need tons of coats for this one but I only needed 2. I really like this polish but I wish application would have been a bit easier with the red hearts. Everything else was great, but the red hearts were hard to catch on my brush. Maybe if there were a bit more it would have been easier.


black jellies are super hard to capture so I edited this picture to show the glitter better.

You Wrote Me?: 4 coats. This one was a bit sheer but it did build up nicely. I wasn't as drawn to it at the beginning but after I wore it I really liked it. The silver micro glitter and the blue flecks are a really nice touch.




Get In The Water: 3 coats. This polish is really opaque and it really does remind me of water especially with the turquoise shimmer. I wish I would have been able to grab more hexes onto my brush but overall its a really nice polish.




If You're A Bird, I'm A Bird: 3 coats. I like the micro glitter in this polish. The formula and application was great.




Where Home Is: 3 coats. This has got to be my favorite out of the collection. The shade of blue is just perfect and the blue flecks just add so much depth. Formula and application was a breeze.


This is how dark it actually is but I wanted to show the blue flecks better


How awesome is this polish!?

Overall I really enjoyed this collection. It has a really nice variety of colors and finishes. Cinema Swatch Lacquers is very unique and creative and I totally recommend trying them out, I mean even the bottles are different and unique! 

You can purchase these by clicking here. You can also follow them on InstagramFacebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment