Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

China Glaze City Flourish Collection Spring 2014 Part 2: Peonies & Park Ave.

Hey guys! I finally have the second half of China Glaze City Flourish Collection. Sorry it took me a while, but I've been busy with work. Anyways, click on the read more link to see the swatches!


The second half of City Flourish is called Peonies & Park Ave. and it consists of 6 "creme" polishes:

  • Petal To The Metal: pink coral creme
  • Peonies & Park Ave: neon pink
  • Spring In My Step: baby pink creme
  • In A Lily Bit: light lilac creme with pink undertones 
  • Lotus Begin: light purple creme
  • At Vase Value: pastel blue creme

Petal To The Metal. 3 coats. Out of the 6, this one had the best formula. It actually dried like a creme and not a chalky matte finish. I like this pink but it's nothing special.


Peonies & Park Ave. 3 coats. The formula was pretty streaky on this one as well. You can even it out with more coats and a thick top coat, but it's still a hassle. I really like this pink. I didn't think I would like it so much but the neon is awesome.


Spring In My Step. 3 coats. I love this pink! It does make my hand look really dark cause it's so light though. The formula was pretty bad, it was really streaky. I had to do thick coats and a thick top coat.


In A Lily Bit. 3 coats. This is one of my favorites out of this half of the collection. This purple is so pretty! It's so light, but the color still pops. But the formula was really streaky on this one too.


Lotus Begin. 3 coats. This is one of my favorites in the whole collection. I love purples and this shade of purple is just perfect. I don't think I have any thing like this in my collection but I'll have to check. If you want to see comparisons, just let me know down below.


At Vase Value. This is also one of my favorites in the whole collection. This blue is so pretty and soft, but yet bright. lol You just have to see it. The formula was pretty bad on this one too but a thick top coat helps a lot. 


Overall, I loved this collection. The colors are bright and in your face which is what I love. But for someone looking for something more subtle, In A Lily Bit or Spring In My Step is perfect. But I was definitely disappointed in the formula. I mean, I'll still use them a lot and I would still buy them again, knowing that the formula sucks because the colors are great. But it's definitely a disappointment that China Glaze released something like this. They're workable, but it's just a hassle.

These are available for purchase now.

Have a great night guys! I'm off to watch Real World Ex-Plosion!

No comments:

Post a Comment