Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Black Cat Lacquer: Zodiac Collection- Swatches & Review

Hey guys! It's almost Monday again, I hope you all had a great weekend. What did you guys do?

Today I have Black Cat Lacquer's Zodiac Collection, well almost all of it, for you. This collection consists of 12 polishes, each representing a different Zodiac sign. Here's the descriptions* of the polishes I'll be reviewing today:


  • Aries: red jelly with black, red, and silver glitter
  • Pisces: blue jelly with holo and green flakies
  • Sagittarius: raspberry holo with gold flakies
  • Virgo: dark green jelly with gold flakies
  • Leo: orange jelly with holo and golden flakies
  • Cancer: glitter topper with white and grey glitters in a rainbow shimmer base
  • Scorpio: black holo polish with a pink to blue duo chrome
That's mostly the whole collection but I'm missing the following 3 polishes:
  • Gemini: white crelly with gold circles and silver holo glitter
  • Capricorn: dark brown holo with red/green shift
  • Libra: glitter topper with iridescent glitter in a rainbow shimmery base
I also have swatched Aquarius and Taurus, you can see those by clicking here.

And the swatches...

Aries. 3 coats, no undies. I purchased this one because I'm an Aries and well, duh!, I had to buy it. I'm not super excited about it. I think it's because I'm not a huge red jelly fan. I like it, but I probably won't be using it much. I wish the glitter wasn't so sparse. Other than that, the formula and application was great.


The red isn't this bright, but I couldn't capture it correctly. 



Pisces. 2 coats. OMG! Love this one! The holo is so strong and the blue is just gorgeous. The green flakies are a nice touch. I toally recommend this polish. The formula was great too, I could have gotten away with just one coat but I decided to do 2. I also noticed this little black thing on my nail on my ring finger and I thought it was a little piece of trash that just got stuck there but then I noticed the polish has a bunch of them too. I don't know if this is part of the polish, or if it's because of the formula, but there's no mention of it in the description. if you guys know, let me know down below please!



Sagittarius. 2 coats. This color is just gorgeous. To be honest, this color didn't catch my attention right away but I'm so glad I purchased it! It's so pretty! And the gold flakies are a nice touch. Plus the formula was amazing on this one too! I could have gotten away with one coat too.



This one looks kinda weird but I just wanted to show the golden flakies more.

Virgo. 3 coats, no undies. Another one of my favorites! I love green polishes and thought this one is pretty simple, its so unique. It's like the perfect shade of green. I did have to do 3 coats cause it was a jelly, but it wasn't a big deal. The formula and application was great.


you can see the flakies better here

Leo. 2 coats. Yup, another two coater. These holo polishes just have a flawless formula. I'm not a big fan of orange polishes, I think I only have half of a helmer drawer full with orange polishes. But this one is so pretty! And I actually don't have an orange holo polish. I totally recommend this. The formula and application was great.


Cancer. 2 coats over Revlon Minted. I was totally inspired by @nailsbyjessiek's swatch of this polish. It looked so pretty. I decided to go on a more mint route and I think I really like it like this too. I can't believe I was going to pass up on this polish. At first it didn't really catch my attention. But once I tried it on, the mixture of glitters is actually quite nice. The formula and application was great.


Scorpio. 2 coats. This was actually one of the first ones I got from this collection, along with Pisces. I'm glad I did get it, the formula was amazing. And It's not just a black holo polish, it has a duo chrome effect that's so pretty! The formula and application was great.

NOTE: my nails are super short because I swatched this a while back when I purchased it.



Overall, I really loved this collection! A lot of them were holos, and I mean how can you not like a holo polish ya know? And the golden flakies was great! It didn't just make it an ordinary holo polish. I recommend this collection, trust me you won't regret it. Which one did you guys like?


You can purchase these here. And don't forget to follow Black Cat Lacquer on facebooktwitter, and instagram!

Have a great day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment