Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Top Shelf Lacquer: Tropical Cocktail Paradise

Hey guys! How's everyone's weekend going? Mine has been pretty good. I finally went to my local nail supply stores. I hadn't gone in about 2 months so I was anxious to see what new stuff they had. I found the new China Glaze fall collection and the OPI Venice collection too! I'm excited to swatch those. Anyways, this post was supposed to be up yesterday but I just got overwhelmingly frustrated with the quality of my pictures. For some reason, when I crop my pictures to a square, they get super blurry! No matter what I used to crop them, be it instagram, picsart, or even the photo editor that comes with the phone sucks. So I changed my whole process to be able to get the best pictures possible. I even changed my lighting, so I feel like I was able to capture all the beautiful flakes in these polishes pretty well, it just wasn't coming through after being cropped. I'm pretty happy with the results so I'm glad I did it. Especially because this new Top Shelf Lacquer is A-mazing! Check out all the details below.


This is now the second release of Top Shelf Lacquer! In their first release, they debuted their neon, glitter, and neon pastel collection. This time, Amy has created a beautiful vibrant creme collection where each polish has pretty iridescent micro flakes! This collection is being released this Wednesday, July 15th. They will be available for $9.50 each, or all 6 for $50.00. Because Top Shelf Lacquer will be releasing two collections this Wednesday, Amy is offering free shipping (in the US only) if you buy both collections! She also offers international shipping. You can purchase them here. Onto the swatches!


Pink Flamingo is a bright pink creme with gold iridescent micro flakes. I wore 2 coats.

With Topcoat
These all dry to a matte finish so I'll be showing you both with and without a topcoat.

Without Topcoat
The formula and application was super smooth. This is so gorgeous! I love how bright the pink is. This is definitely one of my favorites from the collection.



Wild Orchid Cocktail is a bright orchid/fuchsia creme with pink iridescent micro flakes. I wore 2 coats.

With Topcoat
Another one with great formula and application. This color is so vibrant and pigmented. It didn't stain my nails though. Actually, none of the polishes did! The flakes aren't as contrasting like the rest of the shades in this collection, but it's still beautiful.

Without Topcoat

Without Topcoat

With Topcoat
Purple Flip Flop is an amethyst purple creme with blue iridescent micro flakes. I wore 2 coats.

With Topcoat

Another favorite of mine! I think the blue flakes against this shade of purple goes so well! Amy really did a great job with this one! Note: One of my nails broke midway through swatching, that's why my nails are so short here!

Without Topcoat



Blue Lagoon is a bold blue creme with pink iridescent mico flakes. I wore 2 coats.

With Topcoat
OH. MY. GOD. This polish is absolute perfection. It even climbed it's way to my favorite polishes list. The formula and application is so smooth. If you can only get one polish from the whole collection, pick this one! You won't regret it.

Without Topcoat
Without Topcoat

With Topcoat
Blue Hawaiian is the perfect sky blue creme with gold iridescent micro flakes. I wore 3 coats.

With Topcoat
What a pretty shade of blue! And those contrasting flakes go so well! This is the only one I had a bit of trouble with. It was a bit streaky, but it evened out by the third coat.



Green Iguana is a lush green creme with turquoise iridescent flakes. I wore 3 coats. 

With Topcoat
Doesn't this shade of green make you think of apples?! It did for me. Maybe if it was a bit brighter it would be the perfect green apple polish. Great formula and application.

With Topcoat, you can see the shimmer better here!

Without Topcoat

Without Topcoat


Overall, I loved this collection! I'm really impressed by what Top Shelf Lacquer has created so far. You should definitely give them a try. 

Remember, this collection is being released this Wednesday, July 15th. They be available for $9.50 each, or all 6 for $50.00. You can save on shipping if you purchase both collections being released this Wednesday! Top Shelf Lacquer also offers international shipping. You can purchase them here.

Top Shelf Lacquer

6 comments:

  1. These are super pretty. I always like colors with small flakies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I love microflake jellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm loving that purple and the green. The tiny flakes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm loving that purple and the green. The tiny flakes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous! And Blue Lagoon is just absolute perfection <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo gorgeous!! And your swatches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete