Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Literary Lacquers: Vurt-U-Want Collection

Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! So weird, when I woke up today, it was raining! Yes, in Cali! It's still kind of raining actually which is awesome. I love rainy days, plus we really need them over here. Today I have a new-to-me brand called Literary Lacquers. They've actually been around for a while, I've just never tried them out. Glad that's changed though, because their summer 2015 collection, Vurt-U-Want is gorgeous! Check out all info and swatches below.


Literary Lacquers, which started in 2012, creates literature inspired collections! This collection was inspired by Vurt by Jeff Noon. This collection consists of 8 polishes, ranging from holographic to matte, to glitter toppers. This collection is available now at Literary Lacquer's shop!


Curious Yellow is described by Literary Lacquer as a "taxicab yellow neon matte polish with flakies, and glass flecks" I wore 3 coats.

with topcoat in the sun
This polish is so interesting! I definitely don't have anything like this in my collection. I love how it dries matte and I actually kinda like it better without a topcoat! It applies so smoothly too! It also has a few holographic flecks in there.

I know it's dark, but I wanted to show the holo in it. (Sun Shot)
No topcoat
macro with no topcoat

English Voodoo is described as " a unique glitter topper with pink holo microglitter, pink holo large hex glitter, black matte hexes, black holo triangles, and a smattering of marigold yellow matte glitter." I wore 2 thin coats with a topcoat over Polished For Days Love the Way you Li-Lac.


I really like this glitter topper! It's a great mix of glitters that go so well together, I think. It went on really smoothly and I didn't have to do any fishing! 



Vurt-U-Want is described as a neon pink linear holo packed with holographic glitter. I wore 2 coats.

Sun shot with topcoat.
This has got to be one of my favorite pink polishes, ever! It is just so pretty and vibrant! I love how smooth the formula and application was. Though this is gorgeous, it's still not my favorite from this collection! Keep reading to find out which one is!

Sun shot with top coat
No topcoat, indoor lighting


Dreamsnake is described as a shimmering soft violet linear holo with green flakies and glass flecks. I wore 2 coats with a topcoat.


Another really pretty polish! I wish I would have been able to capture the flecks but my camera wouldn't focus! The holo is really strong and the formula and application was great!

Sun shot with topcoat 

Blue Lullaby is described as a deep but bright blue linear holo packed with holographic glitter. I wore 2 coats with a topcoat.

Sun Shot
This is hands down, my favorite from the collection. It's so bright and vibrant! It's one of my favorite polishes, ever! It's truly stunning and you need this in your collection! It also has a flawless formula and application.

Sun Shot
Sun Shot
Indoor lighting


Shadowgirl is described as a blue-grey matte polish packed with holographic and metallic glitter in silver and blue. I wore 3 coats.

With topcoat
This dries to a matte finish but the holo really pops with a coat of top coat. The formula and application was great!

No topcoat
macro with no topcoat
macro with topcoat

Bottletown is described as a bottle green linear holo with iridescent flakies and glass flecks. I wore 3 coats with a topcoat.

Sun shot
I love the iridescent flakies in this! They're really colorful, but again, I wasn't able to capture them all that well. The formula and application was great! 

Sun shot
Sun shot
Indoor light. You can see the flakies in this pic around the book logo. 


Thermofish is described as a bright teal linear holo packed with holographic glitter. I wore 2 coats. 

Sun shot
Another beautiful and bright polish! I love it! Amy needs to make more polishes like these, with the linear holo and holo glitters. They're so pretty! The formula and application was perfect.

Sun shot
Sun shot
Indoor lighting


Overall, I really enjoyed this collection and definitely see myself adding some more Literary Lacquers to my collection. The quality of them was great. And they're so interesting and unique. You guys have to try them out! Which one was your favorite?

Literary Lacquers

No comments:

Post a Comment