Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Look Nail Color: Swatches & Review plus Memorial Day Inspired Nail Art

Hey guys! I hope everyone's week started off great! I didn't do much this weekend besides going to watch Tomorrowland. It was pretty good, but nothing special. Did any of you see it? Today, I have a new brand to show you called Look Nail Color. Check out all the details below!

Look Nail Color is a fairly new polish brand available at select Walgreens. Today I'm reviewing their Look Proud set, which includes the 3 polishes below:


From left to right: Oh Say Can You See, Rocket's Red Glare, Broad Stripes Bright Stars

Oh Say Can You See is slightly dark navy blue jelly. I used 3 coats with no top coat.


It was a bit streaky with the first coat, but evened out by the third coat. I really like this blue! The formula wasn't bad. I mean, it was a bit runny, so just make sure not to put too much polish on your brush when applying. It didn't stain either.

Rocket's Red Glare is a red with a crelly formula. I wore 3 coats without top coat.


This had such a great formula! It definitely has the coverage of a creme, but also the squishy jelly glossy look, hence a crelly. It wasn't runny at all and went on fairly easy. It was a bit harder to clean up around  my cuticles, but nothing out of the ordinary with red polishes. 

Broad Stripes Bright Stars is a white creme. I wore 3 coats with a top coat.


This had a pretty bad formula, in my opinion. It was pretty streaky with the first coat, and still a bit with the second. I think if I use thinner coats it'll be easier to apply. It was a bit chalky as well and I did have some trouble cleaning around my cuticles.

And here's some nail art I did using Oh Say Can You See as my base, Rocket's Red Glare & Broad Stripes Bright Stars for the dots and KB Shimmer Ice Queen for the silver glitter. 




Overall, I'm not too impressed with these colors. I mean, they're not that unique. I like that they come in sets, or LOOKs though. That way, it's easier to recreate each look. You can check out the rest of the looks here.

Again, you can purchase these at select Walgreens for $6.99 each. Check out more info here. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. Cute nail art you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reviewing LOOK Nail Color. We love the polka dot nail art you did!

    ReplyDelete