Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

OPI Muppets Most Wanted Collection: Swatches & Review

Hey guys! I hope everyone's weekend is going great! I decided to stay home this weekend and binge watch Parks & Rec on Netflix(yeah, I'm lame). OMG, it's so good! I can't believe I didn't watch it before. I'm on season 4 right now and there's only 5 seasons on Netflix, what season are they currently on?

Anyways, today I have the new OPI Muppet's Most Wanted Collection! I've been looking forward to this collection since I saw the press release for it. The colors are pretty awesome. Swatches after the jump!


Like always, OPI releases a Soft Shades Collection every year and this time, they paired up with the Muppet's! I'm a huge Disney fan so I was pretty excited about this though I'm not a huge Muppet's fan. Surprisingly, I loved the last Muppet's movie and their last OPI collection as well. This collection consists of 8 new shades:



  • Chillin' Like A Villain: peach nude
  • Muppet's World Tour: glitter topper with red and blue hexes, silver micro glitter, and white small hexes
  • I Love Applause: light pink
  • Let's Do Anything We Want: glitter topper with pink and white small hexes and large white squares
  • INTL Crime Caper: sheer pearlescent white polish with pink and blue shimmer
  • Kermit Me To Speak: duochrome polish that shifts from pink to tan
  • Miss Piggy's Big Number: rich metallic blue
  • Gaining Mole-Mentum: glitter topper with gold, rose gold, and silver shreds
Chillin' Like A Villain. 4 coats. I love this peach nude! It's kind of a jelly and kind of a cream. The formula was kinda bad though. It was very streaky. 



Muppet's World Tour. 1 coat. This glitter topper is pretty interesting. At first I thought, another silver glitter topper, but it has an interesting mix of glitters. It has white hexes and some red and blue hexes. Very pretty. I wore it over Chillin' Like A Villain. It also has a bit of a textured finish but it goes away with a good top coat over it.








I Love Applause. 4 coats. This pink is really pretty, but it's not very unique. The formula wasn't that great either. It was really streaky. 


Let's Do Anything We Want. 1 coat over I Love Applause and INTL Crime Caper. This glitter topper is really girly and pretty. I don't see myself wearing this a whole lot though. The formula and application is great.



INTL Crime Caper. I swatches this twice, by itself which took like 5 or 6 coats and I can still see a VNL:



And over I Love Applause which only took 2 coats:


This was really sheer. I needed tons of coats for full coverage. But I really like this polish.

Kermit Me To Speak. 3 coats. This polish was sheer in the first two coats, but it built up nicely on the third. The formula was great. And the duochrome is really strong. I really like this one.









Miss Piggy's Big Number. 3 coats. This blue is just gorgeous and so rich. It starts sheer and kinda of streaky, but it builds up really well. This blue is just so pretty and vibrant. Love it.



Gaining Mole-Mentum. 2 thin coats over Chillin' Like A Villain. I kinda like this one. I'm not a big fan of shard glitter, but I really like the colors in this. I tried pairing this with Miss Piggy's Big Number but I didn't like it at all, but over this shade it actually looks pretty. Formula and application was great, just make sure to apply a top coat to make it smooth.





Overall, I can say that I like this collection. It has some pretty shades but it's not what I expected. I wish they would have done some bright cremes or something. I really loved Miss Piggy's Big Number and Chillin' Like A Villain, maybe even Gaining Mole-Mentum. This collection will be available this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment