Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Jonesy Lou Lacquer: Ms. Lana Collection

Where are all my Lana Del Rey fans?!? Yeah you read that right, a Lana Del Rey collection! I'm a huge LDR fan and I was so stoked when I heard Jonesy Lou was making  this collection. And I was even more excited because I was asked to swatch it. I have the swatches after the jump!


I have swatched for Jonesy Lou Lacquer before and their polishes were so pretty! So I knew these were going to be awesome. This collection consists of 2 jellies and 2 crellies and will be released April 1st. Here's a list of them:



  • Cognac Lilac: lilac crelly with lavender and bronze hex micro glitter
  • Sugar Venom: sheer purple jelly with silver holo hexes in different sizes
  • Off To The Races: white crelly with silver holo micro glitter
  • Telephone Wires: black jelly with orange, teal, blue, and yellow bars

Cognac Lilac. 3 coats. I think this polish is inspired by LDR's song Off To The Races(one of my favorites). I love this polish! The lilac base is so pretty and the glitter combination is very simple but so cute. The formula and application was great.


Sorry, I had to alter this picture because it was coming out more blue than purple. 

Sugar Venom.  This polish was inspired by Lana Del Rey's song Radio which is definitely my favorite song from her first CD, maybe even from both her CDs. And this polish is just as awesome. It's pretty sheer, but if you have short nails I'm sure you can wear it alone. I ended up doing like 5 coats on my middle and ring finger with no undies, and then 2 coats over Sinful Colors Let's Talk. I love both combinations. The holo hexes in this make it look really awesome. 




Off To The Races. 3 coats, no undies. This is a very simple yet very girly polish. I really like this one as well but the formula and application wasn't that great. It was kinda goopey and I was having a hard time smoothing it out on my nail but a thick top coat helped out.



Telephone Wires. 2 coats over OPI Black Onyx. This polish was inspired by Summertime Sadness, which is also one of my favorite LDR song. At first I wasn't too excited about this one cause it looked really sheer and because I'm not a huge bar glitter fan, but it actually won me over. It's really pretty! And the bars are different colors which look great together. The formula and application was great.




The glitters almost look like a special light effect that people add to their pictures.



Overall, I'm really impressed with this collection. There's a nice variety of polishes and I totally recommend getting this collection. It would be a home-run if the formula on Off To The Races was better. 

Remember this collection is being released April 1st. You can purchase these at Jonesy Lou Lacuer's storefront by clicking here. And you can follow Jonesy Lou Lacquer on instagram and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment