Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Candied Lustre: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone!

Today I have these beautiful polishes to review for you: Candied Lustre 


Here's a list of them (from left to right):

  • Sea 'N Waves: light blue jelly with scattered holo glitter 
  • Autumn: A pink/coral jelly with red, blue, white, green, pink, purple and light yellow hexes in different sizes
  • Cafe Au Lait: A jelly thermal with scattered holo that transitions from orange when hot to brown when cold
  • Why So Blue?:A glitter topper with holo glitter, blue hexes, silver squares, small yellow hexes, different sized navy hexes and bar glitters
  • Spice It Up: A red jelly with a variety of colored glitters in different shapes in sizes
First swatch is of Cafe Au Lait, 4 coats. Because it's a jelly, it was pretty sheer but the beauty of this makes it so worth it! This polish is PERFECT for fall, and the holo just makes it amazing!

Isn't it beautiful?!? And here's some solo shots:



also seems like it has golden flakies.
I did have some trouble at first with the application because i experienced some balding, but i just started doing thinner coats instead and it worked amazing.


Next swatch is of Autumn,  4 coats. Application and formula were awesome. I think I just needed extra coats because my nails are so long. 


I wanted to show the glitters better, so I couldn't avoid the glare


I love this one so much! The glitter combo goes so well!


Next swatch is of Sea 'N Waves, 4 coats. Again, because it's a jelly it's pretty sheer. I didn't layer it over anything because I wanted to show what the polish actually looked like. 




LOVE IT! 


Next swatch is of Spice It Up, 4 coats. its not as bright as its coming off, but it's definitely a bright red.




And the final swatch is of Why So Blue?, 1 coat over Essie Turquoise & Caicos and on my ring finger i layered it over American Apparel Cotton. Great application and formula.






I loved these polishes! I mean, you can't go wrong with holo!! I'm not the biggest fan of sheer polishes, but I don't mind layering it over something. I definitely see myself reaching for these regularly, especially Cafe Au Lait cause its perfect for fall. The only thing that  I do have to complain about, well it's not really a complaint cause it didn't really bother me, is the smell on some of these were kinda strong or just different from the usual smell that I'm used to. But, for me, it wasn't anything bad. You can purchase these polishes at Bri's esty store by clicking here

I also asked Bri a couple of questions so we can get to know the person behind the indie brand so here they are:

      1. What's the inspiration behind the colors you create?
                    A: "Anything with color inspires me. Color schemes, seasons, holidays, desserts. I LOVE color."

2. 
When did your love for polish begin?
            A: "I have loved polish since my childish days. I started painting my nails with kids peel off polishes. Then graduated to regular lacquer and never stopped. I used to paint my mom's nails and even my dads...shhhhh. His was a quick swatch and had to be removed ASAP."  Lol I think every girl has done that once or twice (;

3. How can customers follow you on social media?
             A: I currently have IG, twitter, and Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment