Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Monday, September 23, 2013

DIY: Removing Stains from Nails

Hello everyone!

Today I have my 3rd post and its a tutorial/DIY post.


So I recently swatched Rain City Lacquer (if you want to see the swatches click here) and the base I used for Space Needle Starlight: Sinful Colors Opening Night, stained my nails really bad, as you can see here:


Yeah sucks ): Cause its such a pretty color, but oh well.

So I decided to do a tutorial on how to remove these stains. First off, this is the list of things you're gonna need:

•Baking Soda

•Hydrogen Peroxide

•Little measuring cups & a Bowl

•Q-Tips

•A stick, or something to mix( I just used the tip of my nail art brush, it won't really damage it, just to be safe use an orange stick)


So, first make sure that your nails are clean and you have removed as much polish as you can. Then you want to measure 2 1/2 Tablespoons of baking soda in your measuring spoon:


And 1 tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide:

And then take your orange stick and mix them together, I ended up adding a bit more hydrogen peroxide because it was too thick. It should have a paste like substance.

                                 



Then take your Q-tips and gently add the paste to each nail on one hand, make sure to get under your nails if you have long nails.

Eventually you'll have your whole hand done, you can leave the paste on for about 3 minutes and then rinse with warm water.

I probably put too much, but i just wanted to get everything off

After you rinse, repeat on your other hand, and you're all done! Here are my end results:


They're still yellow because i paint my nails too much lol, but its ok, because I almost always have my nails painted. As you can see, it did remove most of it, i buffed my nails slightly and it removed everything completely. Hopefully it works for you guys as well, let me know if it works for you as well!

Oh and remember to apply lotion after because the hydrogen peroxide drys out your hands a bit!




5 comments:

  1. Your process is SOOO similar to mine! I use baking soda and lemon juice but I bet the peroxide works much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it like that! Does the lemon juice dry your hands?

      Delete
    2. Hello, I have asked on Instagram before with no answer. I was curious if you have any personal tricks of the trade for your long nails. Like vitamins, growth polish, or nail thickener polish, cuticle care. Whatever you may want to share. I am new to trying to grow my nails out. Medication is a bummer in making mine so thin. Anything you would wanna share would be awesome. Your nails are great looking. Thank you for your time.

      Delete
    3. Hello Carrie!

      Sorry I have't answered on instagram. My notications travel so fast that I usually don't see many comments. What is your IG?
      Well I used to use OPI Nail Envy, but i think some people don't like it cause its not 3 free. But, idk, I didn't mind. I would just apply that under every mani. But honestly, I don't really take any vitamins or anything out, but you could definetly try. I think most girls use biotin, but you want to look it up before you do. It also depends on the emery board you might be using. If its too harsh it can weaken your nails and cause breakage. Also when you file your nails, only file in one direction, not back and forth. Um, also, even if you don't paint your nails, still apply a base coat to them, it reinforces them so they dont break as easily. let me know if this helps (:

      Delete
    4. Thank you for the info, I am new to the taking care of and polishing game. My Instagram is 707carrie. The hair skin and nails vitamin has biotin in it and some other good stuff. Thanks to a thyroid condition my hair and nails are thinning, it sucks. I will try the nail envy as soon as I can though. Thank you again for your time though. Here's to getting mine growing! :-)

      Delete