Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013: Swatches & Review- Part 1

Hi everyone!

Here's my 4th post: OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013: Swatches & Review- Part 1

The first part of my swatches for the Mariah Carey Collection will be the browns and glitters. Here are the descriptions done by OPI:

  • I Snow You Love Me: Just like I snow you love this disco light confetti.
  • Ski Slope Sweetie: This golden pearl is everybunny’s favorite.
  • My Favorite Ornament: Make this champagne glitter your new personal favorite.
  • Wonderous Star: This gold-flecked shimmer has heavenly shine. 
  • All Sparkly and Gold: What more can we say...the name says it all.  
  • Warm Me Up: This spiced coffee hits all the cold spots.    

I have done all swatches with one 2 coats of  I Snow You Love Me on my ring finger to show what it looks like on each polish, except on Warm Me Up.

First swatch is Ski Slope Sweetie, I did 4 coats on its own with one layer of top coat. This is white polish with golden shimmer through out. I literally felt like I was applying snow on my nails lol because of how the polish looks. You'll know when you apply it.




The second swatch is My Favorite Ornament, I did 3 coats with no undies. Its basically loaded with champagne micro glitter. I really like it but it could be more interesting.



Next swatch is Wonderous Star, 3 coats with no undies. This polish basically slightly darker that My Favorite Ornament, with small black circular glitters through out. 



All Sparkly and Gold, 3 coats with no undies. Its another micro glitter polish, except in gold. Its still pretty but I wish they would've done something more I guess.


And the last swatch is Warm Me Up, 3 coats but I could have probably only done 2 coats. I love this one! I didn't think I would because it's just a brown, but I don't know, maybe its the perfect shade of brown, plus it has a slight shimmer through out it.


Overall, the application and formula was awesome on these 6 polishes. Ski Slope Sweetie was a bit sheer, but totally buildable. If you're a polish hoarder collector, then you need the whole collection duh! lol but if you're just looking to buy a few, I like Warm Me Up and Ski Slope Sweetie from these 6. But I just don't understand the need of 3 similar shades. It's like they went "uhh whatever" and called it a day... do you guys feel the same way?

Anyways, next 6 swatches will be up soon!


2 comments:

  1. Yay ty making it easier to choose between them. Probably I'll b b getting the liquid sand ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be having those next! I'm so behind my swatches!

      Delete