Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cinema Swatch Lacquers: That's A Wrap- Review & Nail Art

Hey guys! Today I have an amazing product by Cinema Swatch Lacquers! It's called That's A Wrap (what a clever name by the way) and it's liquid nail tape. I'm sure many of you have seen it around and if you don't own it, let me tell you, you need it!! Check out all the info down below. 



That's A Wrap is a liquid latex that helps you with an amazingly easy cleanup around your nails. Cinema Swatch Lacquers is selling it in 2 sizes, a 6 ml mini bottle and a 10 ml bottle. You can use this for easy cleanup after stamping, doing gradients, even painting your nails. The best part is that you can also watermarble while having it on your fingers, so it works even after getting wet. 
Another awesome feature is that it's ammonia free and contains aloe so it doesn't dry your skin. Though please be aware that it does contain a latex derivative. So if you have any sensitivity towards latex, don't use it and if you're unsure, test a really small spot on your skin. And allow it to dry to see if it does cause any irritation. 

I don't have a video tutorial but I do have pictures! You first want to prep your nail before applying it, like removing any oils or lotions from your nails and apply (if desired) your base coat. Just wipe your nail with a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Also, please excuse my stained nails, this is my swatch hand and we'll, you know how that is. 



After you've prepped your nail, apply a small amount around your nail, even under it! Make sure not to cover your nail though cause it might come off when you pull off the rest of it. Don't apply too much at first, instead, slowly build up depending on desired amount. I'm doing a gradient so I applied this much. Make sure to allow it to dry before applying any nail polish, which doesn't take too long.  



I do have to say that the smell was a bit strong. It didn't bother me though cause my nose isn't sensitive but it did kinda have a strong smell if it was too close. I know some people have a pretty sensitive nose, so they might not like it. To be honest, I'm not sure if the other liquid nail tapes also have this smell, this is the first one I've used.

 I was inspired by The Polished Mommy for the gradient I did today. She used the most perfect  colors that I just had to do it! I sponged China Glaze (top to bottom) Pack Lightly, Wanderlust, and Dashboard Dreamer, all of which are part of the new China Glaze Road Trip Collection! 


Please don't judge my gradient skills! I'm still not that good lol. As you can see, this would have required a lot of cleanup...


But it's so easy with That's A Wrap! Once I was done with my gradient, I used my tweezers to slowly remove it. As you can see, there's still some left but that's because I applied it too thin around the edges. But it was still so easy to remove. 





Here's the finished gradient! 






After I finished the gradient, I added the same details as The Polished Mommy because her mani is so pretty! I just used black acrylic paint for the details. 









I hope you guys like it! It was actually pretty easy to do. 

Overall, I love this product! It's so easy to use and it's truly a lifesaver. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the Liquid Palisade liquid nail tape, but that thing is $22 and it's so small! Cinema Swatch Lacquers is selling it for only $8! Yeah, way better price! 

You can purchase That's A Wrap by clicking here. Make sure to follow Cinema Swatch Lacquers on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. These nails are gorgeous! I really need to get myself some of those liquid latex products so I can get motivated to do more gradients.

    ReplyDelete