Contact/Disclosure

pin it!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

HUGE Laquerlicious Haul: Swatches. Review, & Nail Art

Hey guys! Finally it's my day off and I have time to catch up on my swatches. Lately they've been taking longer than usual because I'm trying to incorporate nail art as much as I can, but it's very time consuming. Anyways, I recently purchased a bunch of Laquerlicious polishes cause I've been loving Michelle's new collections. I hope you guys like them!


I have a mixture of polishes from her Spring collection, to her neon glitter toppers. But we'll start off with her glitter toppers.

One Fine Day. 1 coat. This is clear base polish with a mix of metallic and matter glitters in white, purple, coral, teal, pink, and gold glitters in hex, circle, rectangle, mini star, and triangle shapes (Description taken from Laquerlicious storefront). I had actually posted this a while ago along with my China Glaze Off Shore Collection swatches (Which you can see here.) I layered this over a rainbow vertical gradient. I love this so much! The glitter topper is just crazy packed with tons of glitters. You can wear this over a simple nude and it'll still look awesome. I only did 1 coat over the gradient, so there's definitely no issue with fishing and such.



Crazy Daisies. 1 coat. This is also a clear base polish with a mix of neon daisies, transparent hearts, pastel hexes, star glitters, iridescent glitter, and black and white triangles. I swatched this one a bit ago actually along with my China Glaze Off Shore swatches (which you can see here). I layered one coat over a sponge mani that I did. I love this one too! I'm usually not a big fan of these large flower glitters but it works so perfectly in this! The formula and application was flawless. I did do some glitter placement with the large flower glitters but it was easy to get on my brush.





Sip Of Summer. 1 coat over China Glaze Be More Pacific This is another clear base polish with a mix of pastel hex glitters, star glitters, and triangle glitter. This one is so pretty and girly! I love pastel glitter toppers! The application wasn't the easiest, but with thin coats it worked fine. 


Chasing Rainbows. 1 coat over a rainbow watermarble using China Glze Off Shore polishes. This is a rainbow glitter topper in hexes and large dot shapes. I'm gonna admit, I have a lot of rainbow glitter toppers but you can never have enough. lol It's just so colorful and I love that I paired it with my watermarble cause it's like a party on my nails! The formula and application was flawless.








Tri A Different Angle. 1 coat over a galaxy inspired sponge mani. This is a clear base polish with holo glitter in different colors and shapes and micro flakies throughout. I LOVED the mani that @madamluck from instagram, thats why I bought this glitter topper. I tried to recreate it, but I think I overdid it with the sponging in the background. I don't know if I like this or not, but I know I love this glitter topper, it's so different! It was hard to get some of those large glitters on my nail so  had to do some glitter placement, but that's understandable.





I Can See Clearly Now. 1 coat plus glitter placement over OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! This is another clear base polish with a mix of transparent hearts, stars, and circles in various colors, iridescent glitter and small silver hologram circles. I was really drawn to this glitter topper because of the transparent colored glitters in it. i thought I was so interesting. I think this is really unique but I did have a hard time looking for a good base for it. I was actually surprised to find that the transparent glitters were in hearts and star shapes! I thought they were just hexes. The formula and application was fine.




Spring To Life. 3 coats. This is a light baby pink crelly base with teal, neon pink, and yellow hexes and squared micro-medium sized glitter. I don't know why I also pick pink polishes, especially if they're crellies. It wasn't until I got my order that I realized two of the polishes that I ordered were very similar. But in my eyes, they're so different and I need them both! lol I thought this one is so cute and girly! I love the glitter combination. I did have some trouble catching the large hexes so I had to do some glitter placement. 




I See Green Again! 3 coats. When I saw this one, I automatically said I had to have it! I can't believe I waited this long to purchase it! It's just so pretty! i love the glitter that are in it, and it goes so well the color of the base. I did have problems with the application though, it was very goopy and thick. I didn't see any one else comment about the formula so I'm thinking it was probably just mine. It didn't help that I was trying to free hand some hearts over a gradient I did but I think I totally failed. I couldn't for the life of me, cut out a perfect heart over the tape. 


Pink Cloud. 2 coats. This is a pnk crelly with a rainbow of neon and pastel hex, square, star, and circle glittters. This is so girly! There's so many types of glitters! I really like it, plus the formula was great!



The following three polishes are part of Laquerlicious' trio neon glitter toppers. When I saw them, I totally had to have them! They're so bright and unique. I mean, I've seen neon cremes and jellies being done this summer, but not neon glitter toppers. 

Beat The Heat. 2 coats over Island Girl Aloha Color. This is a clear base glitter topper with neon pink glitters, hot orange glitters, and pink neon micro flakies. I was trying my hardest to get a good watermarble using the green, blue, and pink colors of the neon glitter toppers but I just couldn't! I mean I'm not that good with watermarbles to begin with but this time it was just a complete fail. So instead I followed Hello Glossy's tutorial on a waterless watermarble. The formula and application on this is great! You get tons of glitters on your brush. 


At The Lake. 2 coats over Orly Neon Heat. This is a clear base polish with neon blue, neon purple glitters and electric blue micro flakies. Recycled mani alert! I just loved the dry watermarble so I only redid my pinky and ringer finger. I think I like this pair more. Again, the formula and application is great.



Lemon Limeade. 2 coats over China Glaze Be More Pacific. This is a clear base with a neon yellow glitter, neon green glitter and neon green micro flakies. I just loved wearing this over a light green so I had to do it again. The formula and application was great on this one too!



I am so impressed by these! Michelle is so creative ( duh! shes creative Nail Chick on IG! lol) I definitely recommend this brand, Michelle's polishes are of great quality and their so unique!  You can purchase these by clicking Here. You can follow Laquerlicious on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment